DHN Director Forums
DHN Director Forums are aimed at Chairmen/women, Executive and Non-Executive Directors – and those who advise them. Director Forums are working, interactive and creative groups focused on key business issues – usually at 4.30pm to 6.30pm – followed by networking over a glass of wine – and are ideally suited to active executives looking for a short, sharp immersion in a specific topic, generally seen as topical, sensitive or tricky and in the company of others with similar interests. Director Forums, part of the Devonshire House Network, are also valuable networking events – and designed to fit in unobtrusively to your daily work routines.
We want to influence decision makers, regulatory bodies and government where necessary and to develop Devonshire House Network as a source of quality information and advice on selected topics.
The DHN Director Forums will achieve this ambition through a mix of activities to jointly develop original thought leadership and industry best practice on each topic.
In all our activities, we are keen to work with external experts. In particular, we are grateful to Sharon Constancon who has agreed to present and manage three Director Forum Events on Corporate Governance topics – on 19.6.18, 19.9.18 and 13.11.18. The specific topic for each Event will be agreed beforehand and will be much influenced by the successful Director Form Event that she presented and managed on 19.3.18. Her subsequent White Paper based on this appears on this website under Director Forum Published Material.
(Sharon Constancon is Managing Director of Genius Methods – www.geniusmethods.com. Sharon Constançon, (CDir. MBA. FCIS) practices as Board Evaluator, Forex Treasury Adviser, Chairman, Non-Executive Director, Mentor and Coach. Sharon also has a number of NED appointments and is Chairman of the South African Chamber of Commerce in London.)
Inform, Research & Stimulate
Director Forums are ideally suited to active executives looking for a short, sharp immersion in a key issue in the company of others with similar interests.
We will also draw on the professional expertise of our Sponsors to advise, contribute and act as “subject matter experts” on some topics.
Each Forum will consist of a small number of participants and invited experts will actively discuss and debate the key issues around the topic – and be contributing their own experiences to the group. These will be held at a central London venue, mostly late afternoon.
For more complex topics, particularly relating to Government consultations, there will be an additional Feedback Meeting, open to all DHN Members, to review the scoping document or formal report. These are planned for early evenings probably with some light refreshments.
The discussions will be summarised – or a final Report produced (depending on topic) – and a written version shared with participants. The presentations, research and other source materials will be available on the website.
Director Forums operate as a part of Devonshire House Network. Membership of Devonshire House is by invitation – and brings with it automatic access to the Director Forums.
- Contribute and add value to the membership proposition of Devonshire House and promote the best interests of those who are involved with Director Forums.
- Develop the more “cerebral” side of DHN. Share views and contribute to thought leadership and original thinking within specific topic areas and amongst members with this shared interest.
- The meetings will cover the background to the topic but the focus will be on new material, new thinking and difficult areas – some of which cannot be discussed, either easily or at all, on home ground.
- Some topics will be a controversial and lively debate of differing opinions will be encouraged! Personal experience of real-life situations will add to the currency of the discussion.
- Provide members with the opportunity to develop mutual interests and share benefits from closer networking.